How to Sync Calendar and Contacts with Google in Evolution7:29 AM
Syncing your calendar and contacts with Google in Evolution is easy. In fact, it's just point and click. Here's how:
1. First go to the calendar tab in Evolution. Then select the arrow next to the "New" button and select "Calendar".
2. Under "Type" select "Google". Name the account "Google". Select "Copy calendar contents locally for offline operation" and "Mark as default calendar". Enter in your Google username. Click Ok. You will then be prompted for your password, so enter that in also.
3. Next click on the "Contacts" tab and select the arrow next to "New". Select "Address Book".
4. Under "Type" select "Google". Name the address book "Google" and put a check mark in all the boxes above "Server". Under "Username" type in your Google account username and click "Ok". The first time you access the address book you will be prompted for your Google account password. Enter that in and click "Ok".
You're finished! Now your Google contacts and calendar will sync with Evolution.
xjonquilx | Mepis, Ubuntu, Fedora, Linux, Oh My!
- How to Sync Evolution With Your Cell Phone in Fedora 15 (xjonquilx.co.cc)
- Sync Ical With Google Calendar (mademan.com)
- Sync Outlook With Google Calendar (mademan.com)
- How to sync Google calendar with your phone (dailybloggr.com)