How to Install an HP Officejet 4500 G510 on Sabayon Linux6:20 PM
I found the solution after a LOT of digging around and thinking.
- Install HPLIP. sudo equo install hplip (Why this isn't included by default I have no idea.)
- Start the HP installation wizard. sudo hp-setup
- The first time, run it through as Wireless 802.11. You will need to use the included USB cord for this and know your wireless network password. Select the printer and click Next. Fill in the network password and finish the wizard.
- Now you need to assign a static IP to the printer on the network through your router. Sorry I can't tell you how to do this; every router is different.
- Run hp-setup again. This time select Network/Ethernet/Wireless.
- Select the printer on the network and click Next. On the following screen, select Advanced and fill in the printer's IP address. Click Next and select Print a test page before finishing the wizard.
- A test page should now print.
There you have it. You just learned how to install your HP Officejet 4500 G150 on Sabayon Linux.
Psst! There's a sale at Staples right now. You can walk away with one of these for just under $90.
xjonquilx | Sabayon, Ubuntu, Fedora, Oh My!
- HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Inkjet Printer for $45 + $5 s&h (9to5toys.com)
- How to Get Wireless to Connect Automatically in Sabayon Linux (xjonquilx.co.cc)
- 10 Reasons Why I Love Sabayon Linux (xjonquilx.co.cc)
- Sabayon Linux Definitely Has a Personality All to Its Own (xjonquilx.co.cc)